Dryptosaurus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dryptosaurus

Post by Tamara Henson on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Dryptosaurus ("tearing lizard") was the first complete theropod dinosaur ever found. It was a late surviving primitive tyrant lizard from the east coast of North America and it's discoverer, Paleontologist E.D. Cope believed that it leaped upon it's prey which caused him to name the animal Laelaps aquilunguis, meaning "eagle-clawed leaper/hurricane". Now you can have this historic 5 star dinosaur in Jurassic Park.

Dryptosaurus is modded from Albertosaurus but it hunts like and flocks with Raptors. It is also more aggressive, will rampage and attack fences (so medium or high security fencing is a must). The only bug is that it uses the Albertosaurus dead skin so it reverts to the alberto coloring upon death.

Instructions: Back up your files in case you want to return to the original game settings. Now unzip the file and place in your JPOG/Data folder. When it asks if you want to replace your files select yes. The download includes the .dds file in case one simply wish to use the skin for the Albertosaurus. Enjoy.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?crlhvz480xcj8ey

Tamara Henson

Experience : 2180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dryptosaurus

Post by Optiraptor on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Thats pretty cool.
Optiraptor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 4306

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Henson on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks, I's an idea I have had for a while. I proposed making this animal on Modding Genesis in a post about the dinosaur but no one took up the challenge so I did it myself.

Tamara Henson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Is it really worth to have a 5 stars rank ? I don't think so , sine Albertosaurus itself is very known , even more famous for all dinos nerds and public .
Great skin by the way , I like the idea of loOking like Raptors and being agressive , unlike Albertosaurus which is just a meh ....
Matt
Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus

Experience : 2951

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by salem on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:26 pm

pretty good skin!

it's another lovely skin

salem

Experience : 2147

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Henson on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Matt wrote:Is it really worth to have a 5 stars rank ? I don't think so , sine Albertosaurus itself is very known , even more famous for all dinos nerds and public .
Great skin by the way , I like the idea of looking like Raptors and being agressive , unlike Albertosaurus which is just a meh ....

Good question. i quibbled with this for a while. I finally decided that according to the book Jurassic Park took place in the early-mid 1980s. At this time velociraptor was all but unknown and usually described in kids books as an overgrown compy. Albertosaurus was also little known and usually called Gorgosaurus and dismissed as a smaller relative of T. rex. Dryptosaurus on the other hand was always a big deal in these books, usually illustrated with Knight's fighting dinosaur painting. I suppose the historical importance and dynamic painting was the reason the animal was so popular then. Nowadays things are reversed with everyone knowing what a raptor is (thanks to Jurassic park) and dryptosaurus being nearly forgotten. However in the 1980s drypto was a big deal.

It was also a tyrannosaur that acted like a raptor. Raptors are 5 stars. Tyrannosaurs are 5 stars. So I gave drypto 5 stars too. However I almost reduced it to 4 stars before I released it so if you want you can change it.

Tamara Henson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum